Friday, October 10, 2008

My Abs are like God

Last week I was in the 5 Funny Females show at the Purple Onion, and it was amazing! I had a great set; all the ladies had a great set! It was a lot of fun. I will soon have a 2 minute feature on Rooftopcomedy.com! I'm anxious to see what 2 minutes they're going to use!

I did two things that I've always have wanted to do.

1. I finally saw Maria Bamford! An awesome show at the Punchline. I remember seeing her Comedy Central special, way before I even thought about standup comedy, and it was amazing. I loved all of her jokes and characters. So after the show I met her. I was nervous. Meeting someone that influences you can be nervewracking. You just don't want them to be a douchebag. It would be like a kid seeing Mickey Mouse with his head off smoking a cigarette. Maria was very nice. She talked a bit and signed a postcard for me and took a picture with me. Very nice.

2. I competed in a Pageant. I don't know why I always wanted to do a pageant. I'm not a girly girl, but there are very few things that I enjoy that are just girly to the max. So... The Margaret France No Pants Co-Ed Comedy Pageant... so much Fun! I sang in front of an audience that wasn't there for karaoke for the first time since... um...highschool? I was nervous because I had gotten sick and my throat was scratchy! But I medicated all day and it went fine. All the boys won the top 3 spots. How sexist! Since when do tits not count for anything anymore?! haha. It was a lot of fun. As soon as I figure out how to transfer my camcorder to a clip on my computer, I'll post it.

I started incorporating weights into my workout. I'm so sore. I decided that my abs are like God. I believe they exist, and after working out, I feel their presence. My legs are a lot stronger than my arms. I can leg press (if that's even the right term for the exercise machine) 140lbs. But I can pull 35lbs...well barely... I wanted to move it to 20lbs, but that marker was blocked, so 35lbs it was. I can see a difference since starting the weights. I should rent out all the extra room I have in my pants. My really tight jeans are now just my kinda tight jeans! That's progress!

No comments: